Quality Engineering consists of analysis methods and the development of systems to ensure products or services are designed, developed and manufactured to meet or exceed the customer’s requirements and expectations. Quality Engineering encompasses all activities related to the analysis of a product’s design, development and manufacturing processes for the purpose of improving the quality of the product and the production process while identifying and reducing waste in its many forms. Quality Engineering methods and tools are often developed and implemented using a cross-functional approach involving multiple business and engineering disciplines.
The benefits of Quality Engineering are vast and can have a profound effect on product quality, process efficiency, and overall customer satisfaction. If you would like additional information about how Quality Engineering methods and tools can positively impact your organization, please contact one of our professional staff at Quality-One.
- Analyse quality performance utilizing using statistical and analytical tools and methods.
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate reliability, precision, reliability and accuracy of processes, products and production equipment.
- Develop and establish quality procedures and systems for inspecting plans, quality trends, statistical plan price estimates and technical quality proposal plans.
- Ensure process control documents adhere with set requirements.
- Ensure on time processing of non-conforming components.
- Assist disposition process by involving in failure analysis and suggest corrective actions as Material Review Board member.
- Coordinate with suppliers and customers relating to quality trends, performance and corrective action.
- Verify conformance and productivity of quality engineering system through supplier audits and surveys.
- Initiate programs to enhance supplier performance.
- Interact with product development committees to inspect and review engineering releases.
- Review all product quality aspects like planning, manufacturing methods and process specifications.
- Interact with manufacturing and engineering teams to optimize documentation related to quality and inspection checks.
- Report and supply subassemblies as well as finish goods following Device Master Record.
- Interact with Quality Control Packaging team to conduct Technician Training Program after evaluating Quality Inspections Techniques.
- Assist manufacturing scrap performance evaluation and management.
A quality engineer will usually possess the following skills:
- Attention to detail. Quality engineers must have attention to detail to ensure that products are being manufactured, installed or are operating to the required specifications.
- Analysis/Critical thinking/Problem-solving skills. Quality engineers review established processes in order to find manufacturing and cost optimizations. When problems arise, they conduct root cause investigations and develop and implement corrective or preventative action plans.
- Communication skills. Quality engineers must be able to communicate current and new processes clearly. They are also required to document many aspects of their job including inspections, root cause analyses, and process improvements in a clear and understandable manner.
- Quality engineers must be able to operate under pressure and still ensure that standards are met while managing potentially detrimental effects to timeline and budget.
- Interpersonal skills. This skill is critical for quality engineers. They work in teams across organizations and should be able to provide leadership to, collaborate and work with many different types of people at varying levels of seniority.
- Math skills. Quality engineers use the principals of statistics, calculus, trigonometry, and other advanced topics in mathematics for analysis, design, and troubleshooting in their work.
- An associate’s degree in quality engineering is the minimum requirement for entry-level positions in this field. A bachelor’s degree in quality, mechanical or industrial engineering is required.
- For higher-level positions. A master’s degree in engineering or a Master of Science in Quality Assurance is desired for management positions.